Wednesday, April 27, 2011

02/22/06 Indulgence

Now I suspect everyone who reads this knows I have a love of decadent and sensual things (get your mind out of the gutter - yes, I mean you!), like dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts and silk shirts and warm, cuddly blankets. I love soft, warm days, the smell of the ocean, fresh-baked bread and Havaarti grilled cheese sandwiches.

It's been chilly here at night, and my internal thermometer is beginning to slip away from being constantly on "high" and is heading quickly toward an annoying tendency toward icy fingers and toes. I've mentioned before that I love our fireplace, and we have candles burning, partly for the joy of them but also because they do take the edge off the chill in the room.

But as a complete and total indulgence, Lillian bought us a heated mattress pad, dual controls. We have a memory foam mattress, and once it gets warm, it holds the heat in, but when it's cold, well, you can just feel the chill radiating up out of the foam and into your body. So to be able to slip into the bed that's not overly warm but has that nasty clammy chill taken out and a gentle warmth waiting for me...well, it makes for a really good night's sleep. This is one of the nicest indulgences Lillian's ever gotten me (yes, it's for us, but her system's still on overdrive), and I love it! And her! So I'm going to go indulge in my indulgence. May you all sleep as well as I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment