Wednesday, April 27, 2011

02/27/06 Candlemaking

Okay, this is gonna be seriously short. I saw the doc today, got the paw X-rayed, and now it's incredibly tender. My pinkie is taped to my ring finger, and just typing this is nasty. Hence the short post.

I'm figuring out making candles again. The cool thing is that I can melt candle wax on the woodstove. I have the melting pot, and I can put candle leavings in there and they melt beautifully, not too hot, never catching fire, and then I can pour them into molds and empty glass jars or used candle glasses - badly phrased but you know what I mean so stop giggling at my word useage! - and it's nice to be able to make candles again.

We made candles back in Las Cruces one wild evening, and it was wonderfully successful and quite a mess. This time it's less messy, but I do miss the camaradarie at times. Light a candle, and smile for me, okay?

Grrr, the typing is frustrating. Love y'all much, but I'm gonna stop typing now. (((hugs)))

No comments:

Post a Comment